Helpful Information and Resources
Take what you need. Share the rest.
Coping With Stress: 7 Tips for Getting things done.
Manage stress in a few easy steps!
1. Breathe! Take several deep cleansing breaths.
2. Create To-Do list, complete with prioritizing task.
3. Choose your top 2 task and then narrow it down to 1. Focus on that.
4. Set aside time for that one task. Continue until its done.
5. Take breaks. Get up. Get a drink (water), stretch, breathe. Restart
6. Ask for help!
7. Acknowledge your accomplishment.
Mindfulness techniques train your brain to slow down racing thoughts, let go of negativity, and calm both your mind and body.
The 4-7-8 breathing technique, also known as “relaxing breath.
To use the 4-7-8 technique, focus on the following breathing pattern:
empty the lungs of air
breathe in quietly through the nose for 4 seconds
hold the breath for a count of 7 seconds
exhale forcefully through the mouth, pursing the lips and making a “whoosh” sound, for 8 seconds
repeat the cycle up to 4 times
Loving yourself through Self-Care
Here are 5 super easy Self-care ideas to try!
1. Turn off Social media!
2. Try a new healthy meal this week.
3. Get moving! Go for a walk.
4. Call a friend or loved one just to say hello.
5. Listen to your favorite song.